Levels of Membership
Crittenton Society is honored to have as its members supporters who have made the commitment to contribute $1,000 or more on an annual basis to support and sustain Florence Crittenton programs and services.
How Gifts Can Be Made
An outright gift of $1,000 or more or commitment by signed letter of intent to make a gift of $1,000 or more within the fiscal year of Florence Crittenton (July 1 – June 30). Gifts can be made in cash, securities, corporate matching gifts, or by credit card. Payment plans can also be arranged. Membership gifts are exclusive of other gifts made in support of special events or capital campaigns.
A contributor and spouse whose combined annual support falls within the qualifying range of $1,000 or more will jointly be eligible for membership in the Society.
- An individual may be recognized as a Society member through a qualifying gift made in his or her honor by another.
- A deceased person may be named a member “in memory of” by receipt of a qualifying gift from one or more contributors.
- Corporate contributions are welcomed and qualify for membership.
- United Way contributions are assigned directly to Florence Crittenton and cannot be credited to The Crittenton Society.
- Memberships are for one year and are renewable annually.
About Charles Crittenton – A Champion of Hope
In the early 1890’s, Florence Crittenton was born, lived a few short years and tragically died of scarlet fever. Charles, her grief-stricken father, in an effort to ease his pain and preserve his daughter’s memory, made a decision that has evolved into an extraordinary mission.
For twenty-five years, Charles Crittenton traveled throughout the United States helping communities set up homes offering care and understanding to girls and young women who needed “relief, protection and reformation.” He was a true champion of hope.
In 1896, with Crittenton’s assistance, Arizona’s Florence Crittenton Home opened near the railroad tracks in Central Phoenix.
To learn more about Crittenton Society and the benefits of membership, or to join today, please contact:
Chief Developmemt Officer